Tuesday, January 22, 2013

BIG NEWS

The news came in just a couple hours ago that the Supreme Court has issued a directive to the lower courts (our court) that they should hand over physical custody of our children to their parents!!!!!!!!!!!!! While the past ten days have taught me to be guarded, I keep having moments of almost complete breakdown of joy in thinking we may have our decrees in hand within days!!! If we can get the decree, we will head straight to the orphanage to pick up Gabe. Then it's a matter of several other government offices giving us documents which will allow us to leave the country, which *shouldn't* be a problem. But I know that if I have fought this hard for ten days, I can handle whatever they throw at me, especially if I have my son by my side.

I can't write because my eyes keep welling up with tears.....

11 comments:

  1. Amazing!!!! This is the news we have all been praying for! One step closer to bringing Gabe home! Keep up your spirits and we will continue to pray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears here. So optimistic for you. Continuing to pray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOORAY!!!! Hopefully the rest of the ride will go smoothly. I can't believe everything you went through from the press conference to attending the inauguration at the ambassadors house. I am so happy for you and your family. I know it's not over until your back in America, but you're so close. I don't hardly know you and I want to give you a hug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in tears too. I have been anxious and praying. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been reading and praying. Hang on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praise God! Bring him home! Would love to meet him at the Buddy Walk in Boise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are so excited! There's a light at the end of the tunnel. Keep fighting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wahoo!!!! What GREAT news! So very happy that they have done the right thing! You guys will be home soon! We are continuing to pray! Give Jeanna a hug from her folks in Utah for us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What joy! I have been following your blog from NC and one of the sister missionaries you visited on Sunday is from my ward. I sent a link to your blog to her mom. You have touched so many with your story. I just wanted to thank you for sharing your journey with us. Praying you and Gabe can get home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great, great day!!! Loving it and praising God!

    ReplyDelete